DataBeacon is a technology startup, committed to disrupting the way aviation processes and services are designed and executed, through a deep understanding of data. By applying Artificial Intelligence to large datasets, we design tools that offer airlines, air traffic controllers and airports new services to reduce their costs, optimize their operations and improve safety. Our in-house developed data platform, BeSt, includes proprietary encryption technology to securely store, merge, analyze and visualize aviation data.
We are a young, multidisciplinary team passionate about the potential of AI in aviation. In our team, machine learning engineers and aviation operational experts work closely together to discover the best technological roadmap to improve aviation.
If you want to develop a professional career working at the cross-roads between Machine Learning and Aviation, DataBeacon is your place and we will be happy to welcome you.
DataBeacon is currently seeking a system engineer with AWS (or other public cloud provider) experience to join its team. As a back-end developer, you will ensure data flows effectively to the front-end and data science tools until the final product is developed. Following our agile methodology you will become a key part throughout the whole lifecycle of the product development, from design to implementation.
The following skills are a must-have:
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related program.
- Alternatively, enough proven professional experience or outstanding portfolio.
- Proficient cloud architecture and development skills, preferably in AWS
- Experience with Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem, eg. EMR clusters
- Containers and basic orchestration.
In addition to the particular skills of the position, the following skills will be also be considered:
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral). It is the working language at DataBeacon.
- Experience in a developing environment with Agile Scrum and git version control.
- Familiarity with Data Science pipelines, algorithms and applications.
- Knowledge, experience or passion within aviation would be a high plus.
- Some GIS data wrangling experience.
- Insights on building full-stack professional applications.
Additionally, this offer has a unique set of benefits:
- An opportunity to develop a career in Machine Learning focusing on solving real world problems.
- A very horizontal team, where all member provide input and help build a solution from the very beginning, everyone has a voice.
- Access to a variety of interesting datasets: from airlines, airports, air navigation service providers to other aviation stakeholders.
- Integration in a highly qualified, very collaborative, young, international team.
- A beautiful, well-located office in the center of Madrid.
- Flexible schedule and excellent working conditions, possibility to partially work remotely.
- A salary adjusted to skills, experience and education.
Interested candidates should send a CV in PDF format to email@example.com. A motivational letter in the same PDF and any other relevant information supporting the application is appreciated and positively considered. For instance, links to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profiles, website, blog, or a summary of portfolio of projects or LinkedIn profile. Please include all your relevant information in a single PDF.
Applicable candidates will be contacted directly regarding next steps in the selection process. We review all submissions personally and respond in due time.