DataBeacon is a technology startup that is committed to disrupting the way aviation processes and services are designed and executed through a deep understanding of data. By applying Artificial Intelligence to large datasets, we design tools that offer airlines, air traffic controllers and airports new services that can help reduce their costs, optimize their operations and improve safety.
We are a young, multidisciplinary team passionate about the potential of AI in aviation. In our team, machine learning engineers and aviation operational experts work together closely to discover the best technological roadmap to improving aviation.
DataBeacon is currently seeking a data engineer to join its team. You will become part of our Data Science team and help bring our Artificial Intelligence solutions into production; your specific focus would be data manipulation, understanding and documentation. You will play a crucial role throughout the whole lifecycle of product development, from design to implementation.
- Outstanding portfolio, GitHub, some professional experience, a relevant bootcamp or a university degree.
- Remarkable coding skills to write production, reliable, readable, solid code following the best practices and patterns.
- Mastery in manipulating Pandas DataFrames and Parquet files.
- Deep understanding of the different database types and their use cases: SQL, NoSQL, graph, key-value and wide-column stores.
In addition to the particular requirements of the position, the following skills will be also be considered:
- Excellent English communication skills
- Familiarity working with the Agile Scrum methodology and GitLab version control.
- Understanding of DevOps culture.
This job is also accompanied by a unique set of benefits:
- Join a team with low emphasis on hierarchy, meaning all members provide input and help build a solution from the very beginning—everyone has a voice.
- Integration with a highly qualified, very collaborative, young, dynamic, and international team.
- A beautiful, well-located office in the center of Madrid.
- Flexible schedule and excellent working conditions, with the possibility of partially working remotely.
- A fair salary adjusted to skills, experience and education.
Interested candidates should email their application as a attachment to email@example.com.
Candidates will be contacted directly regarding next steps in the selection process. We review all submissions personally and respond in due time.